Tuesday, September 27, 2005

I think I'm semi-famous

Hello... it's me... that random person who should be writing this blog but has in fact been snowed under at work due to a registrar's decision to move NHS trusts. Great. Thanks. A lot.

Well I have to start studying for my advanced exams to let me become a registrar which means I am also getting to spend a couple of shifts a week in A&E doing 'liaison work' which in effect means I am an extra pair of hands that they don't have to worry about the pay or supervision of, it's nice to be wanted for a change. This registrar post means a lot to me and would be proof that I can actually achieve rather than just plod along and float through my medical career but it's going to involve a lot of hard work and time and I am so tired at present that I don't know if I can face it.

I was very naughty the other day and asked my fiancé (also a medic) to prescribe me some sleepers so I could get some rest, luckily for myself, my career and my reputation he refused but he bullied me into seeing my GP about everything (he thinks I have never really got over all my 'mental' stuff and am shoving it away, never to be dealt with) and so I have half a morning off work tomorrow to see him. Now I don't particularly get on with my GP, I don't know if it is the same for all health professionals but my GP seems to not be very keen on me as he always assumes I know what is wrong with me and what I need to be prescribed. I guess he thinks that in my eyes all he is is a signature on a prescription as I can't prescribe my own drugs, which isn't true. I see GPs as the 'gateway' to all NHS services and view my GP accordingly. Anyway, I know that depending on the result of the consultation there may be a visit to occupational health which means more explaining, but I know I am not coping well with the stress of everything at the minute and I want to stave off any impending doom than give into it.

Finally for the subject title of this post. I have since discovered that I have been mentioned on Mental Nurse's Blog which is a great privilege as I first read about their blog in The Observer a while back and have to say that they were some of the inspiration in creating my own blog. I feel deeply honoured.

3 comments:

lokokid said...

LiveJournal grew out of one 18-year-old's frustration with Web...
When Brad Fitzpatrick was 18, he had just relocated from Portland, Ore., to Seattle to study computer science at the University of Washington.
Hey
If you have some time please visit my site Make extra money at home

Mags said...

Hooray! Another post!

Hmm, Occ. H. I suppose it really depends on whether you get someone who actually knows what they're talking about. My OH nurse at work paled slightly when she saw read "In-patient at X hospital" on my assessment form. I actually found it quite amusing (although not outwardly..) to watch her fluster about trying to say something useful about coping with stress :) Bless her, she's normally speaking to people about the odd vaccination or how to eat the standard five fruit and veg a day!

Keep posting, I feel you have quite a few "Mental Doctor" fans out there!

Mags

Mental Nurse said...

Thank you for your kind words :) The gratuitous ego stroking is appreciated ;)

I am enjoying your blog thoroughly.